Yes, I've been a total slacker, it's been MONTHS since I've posted. I guess that's what a job, and weekends full of weddings and travel will do to you... But, there has been another reason, it's been hard to keep a secret, and I knew that if I did suddenly find the urge to write a blog post, how could I not write about this!?
And the big secret that you've already probably guessed considering the new blog title, is that Blake and I are adding one to the family! We are SO excited, although it did take a while for it all to settle in... I've been feeling good, no crazy morning sickness, food aversions, smell aversions, etc, but I was very tired, and at a loss for energy. Now, I am not as tired, and just hungry all the time. The only thing that's been a downer has been the migraines that I have been getting due to lack of electrolytes. My Dr. even suggested drinking some caffeine, even when I told her I wasn't a huge caffeine drinker before and hadn't had any problems with headaches in the first trimester.
So, I guess I should start at the beginning. I found out I was pregnant what seems like forever ago already, when Blake was out of town in August, what timing! From then on it's been a series of dr's appointments and trying to keep it a secret for a bit. It was very hard to not tell people, and to make up an excuse as to why I wasn't drinking a glass of wine, me, the girl who loves wine, and usually is always up for a happy hour.
The first dr's appointment was definitely an experience for Blake, not only did he ask why the chairs were made for fat people at the OB/GYN's office, he also got lightheaded and had to sit down during the ultrasound, hopefully he gets over that by delivery! The month between the first and second dr's appointment was possibly the longest month of my life. Without being able to tell anyone (even though I told Oma Ursi and Blake told Grandma Danette), it was still hard to keep such a fantastic secret between the two of us. At the second dr's appointment we started telling our families and close friends, it was so great to get it out into the open.
Now we have had another dr's appointment, an NT scan to make sure everything is ok, and are at the 15 week mark! I finally told my boss today, being me, I totally psyched myself out and didn't know what his reaction would be, it's so awkward to tell your male boss you are having a baby. It's just announcing to the world that you had sex, I understand that I am 12 and shouldn't be embarrassed of this, but it's still weird. He did well though, he was excited, gave a high 5 (I know, right), and talked to me about his knowledge, he does have 5 children after all. So, now, we can start to tell the world, and update this blog better than we have in the past, it will let you into our days and weeks as we make way for the little nugget. We couldn't be happier and more thrilled to be parents, and can't wait to meet the little guy/girl (we will find out what the week of Thanksgiving), and I am so happy to know that Baby R already has such a loving, caring, supportive and fantastic group of family and friends to be surrounded by.
Now, enough writing, blogs are really only great if they have pictures! We finally got our act together to start the weekly bump photos.
Here I am at week 14.
It's still little, but it's there!
Until next week... :)


Cannot even wait to meet Baby R!
ReplyDelete