Lilypie First Birthday tickers

2013

Thursday, May 17, 2012

One month..

Bennett is one whole month old!  It seems like he has been in our lives for so much longer than that.  I honestly don't know what life would be like without him.  I don't know what it's like to sleep through the whole night, but it just seems like it has been a part of my every day life for so long that I when I finally do get to sleep longer, I don't know if I'll be able to!
We have been getting used to life in Montana.  Bennett truly is a South Carolina boy, when it got cold here last week he was not happy and far more grumpy than usual.  Although, he is a very, very good baby.  He is calm and has a wonderful demeanor.  When he does yell it is for a specific reason which is fantastic.
For the past week we have been missing daddy.  He went to South America for school, and we have gotten to talk to him a few times, once even on Skype.  We know he's learning lots, but we still miss him! He gets home on Sunday and I just know that he is going to see so many changes in Bennett.  Sometimes I think he grows in the night, I can't even imagine what Blake will think having been gone from him for almost 2 weeks.
We also got to meet the cousins last weekend.  Avery was a very good older cousin and was very helpful when pushing Bennett in his stroller on the 5k walk we did on Saturday.  She was also interested in holding him, Bryn on the other hand was a little unsure of this new small creature next to her.  I think most of the time she was just after the pacifier in his mouth. :)  I can't wait to see how they will all interact with each other as they grow.
At one month:
- Bennett is smiling deliberately.  Usually we get some really good ones in the morning, glad to see that he fits into the family already.  Blake and I are morning people so it's only natural that he would be happiest then too!
- He often has a very serious face
- Can recognize mom's voice
- Turns his head from side to side
- Actually likes tummy time for the most part
- Kicks his legs with the best of them while he plays, sometimes they move really fast!
- Is sleeping well at night (3-4 hour stretches)
- Has learned to grab onto mommy's hair and not let go (ouch!)
- Is a good eater
- Is a grunter, especially in the mornings before he wakes up
- Loves his bouncy chair
- Is getting a wilder and wilder hair do!
 It was a bit sunny in Williston, and we forgot a hat and glasses so we had to borrow mom's.
 Meeting cousin Avery, we really wanted our passy
 To cool for school
 Grandpa and his grandkids
 A little nervous about this cousin thing...
 With Uncle Brenty
 Hanging with Auntie Beth
 Mom, why are you taking 500 pictures of me today?
Alright, I'll smile, but I'm going to move around while I do it so you can't capture it on film!

Jury is still out on who's features he has more of but, as Grandma Danette says, we'll keep him no matter what. :)
Oma Ursi gets here in a week!  We are very excited (to see her, and to have her help paint!)

No comments:

Post a Comment