I think Bennett can feel the calm as well, he has been a great sleeper the past few weeks (and even though he might sleep through the night, the crazy first time mom in me still has to check on him every once in a while), is very well natured, and he seems to enjoy Mom and Dad's company as well as seeing all the rest of the relatives as much as possible! He seems to have gotten a little more used to the outside breeze, and in true "Born in Charleston" fashion, is enjoying outside much more now that he is slathered in sunscreen and can wear his shorts and t-shirts.
I think back on the past 2 and a half months and I can't believe how much has changed and all the things that we have done. I sometimes still have to remind myself that we live HERE, that this isn't vacation, this is our house, and our life. It's odd because sometimes I even think that we are going to go back to Seattle even though we haven't lived there in almost two years, and certainly never prepared to live there with a baby. I think it's just because I've only ever come here for vacation, it's not a "new" place, like Charleston was, but it isn't an old place, like moving back to Seattle from California was for me either.
And, as a creature of habit, and a total type A personality, I'm glad to be settling into a routine, it makes me feel at home... comfortable... Yes, there is still a lot of work to be done, painting, cleaning, unpacking, putting things where they belong, and there is always the crazy travel schedule with Bozeman, Walla Walla, and Denver, but I know we have time, we aren't going anywhere, and that's something I haven't been able to really actually say before, and it's an amazingly calming feeling.
![]() |
| So happy! |


Awww what a cutie! When are you going to Walla Walla? Miss you hun~
ReplyDelete