The week started off with pie baking and Halloween. Corrin came over for pie baking since the weather has finally turned cooler and it just seemed like the most perfect thing to do on a Sunday afternoon.
Monday was Thanksgiving, and all I remember from the south when I lived in Alabama was how many kids there were that came trick-or-treating, so I thought it would be the same in our neighborhood. I decorated and waited:
Sadly, there were less than 10 groups of children, but it was still fun, and more than one group did roll up in a fully decorated golf cart... Only in the south... But, the more I think about it, the more it seems like such a smart idea, I'm pretty sure the driver (a parent) had an adult beverage to keep him company while he waited.
By Friday all of my evening week activities had caught up with me and I was tired and had a migraine, I went to bed early so that I could be ready to drive to Columbia the next day for a meet up with a college roommate of mine Caitlin and her husband Justin. They were visiting Justin's parents in Winston-Salem, and we decided to meet halfway for lunch. It was great to walk around and catch up, and definitely worth the 2+ hour drive for both of us. Unfortunately no pictures were taken, but luckily, I will get to see Caitlin (and the rest of the 221 girls) in less than a month in Phoenix! There will be plenty of photos taken then, I can't wait!
Blake came back on Tuesday, and I still feel like things haven't slowed down! Friday we had supper club with some of our Charleston friends here at the house, it was great to get everyone back together again after such a long time! Saturday was Boeing family day, and I was VERY excited to actually get inside the "complex" and get a visual idea of where Blake works and spends a lot of his day. It was really wonderfully put together. Boeing had just opened the new delivery center (where airline big wigs go to pick up their new toy) and we got to walk down the new jetways and into a new 787. Even though it wasn't one of the ones that was outfitted for commercial use, it was still great to see inside, and look inside the cockpit. I was surprised at how much more headroom there was when you walked into the plane. Hopefully someday we'll get to fly in one! We walked through the factory where Blake works and he showed me how all the airplanes come together. We took a few pictures where we were allowed.
The dream lifter, where all the parts are brought over, it's HUGE!
Blake in front of the 787 we got to walk through
The MASSIVE Rolls Royce engine
A very mini Blake and I in front of the airplane
The corner of the factory where Blake works
Around the corner from our house the city of Mt. Pleasant opened a new dock walkway around Shem Creek. Blake and I decided to check it out on one of our evening walks. Blake took his camera and snapped this photo of the shrimping boats while we were walking, such a wonderful fall evening!Below are the last three weeks of bump watch photos, it is growing, and the last few days have brought various aches and pains and hip flexor annoyances, but it's not too bad. I did have to buy a special pillow for the night, since I am usually a stomach sleeper and that is no longer possible. Sleeping on my side proved difficult so I bought a snoogle. I think it's amazing, Blake, not so much. It is literally a pillow that goes all the way around you, and as Blake likes to call it, a husband replacer. If it were allowed, I'd probably use it forever, but, I think as soon as Baby R comes, Blake will be burning it. :)
The bump looks so pointy! I'm sure it will round out soon.
This week is a little bit slower than the last few, but it's all in preparation for Thanksgiving week. We are SO excited to have some family in town, and can't wait to see everyone! Also, in 10 days we get to find out the sex of the baby, we can't wait! :)







No comments:
Post a Comment