Lilypie First Birthday tickers

2013

Monday, October 1, 2012

Mini vacation

Last week we got a chance to take a mini vacation.  Blake and I LOVE to travel and drive this time of year.  The weather is usually perfect, crisp in the mornings, warm and sunny in the day.  The colors outside are amazing, the oranges, reds and yellows of the trees make up for the hours spent in the car to get somewhere.
We started with a visit to the cousins, before we left early Thursday we snapped a few photos.
I think you can all tell their related because they have the same eyebrows. :)

From Billings we drove through Red Lodge and into Yellowstone National Park.  It is my personal life goal to visit all of the national parks, so I was glad to be able to get a few off the list!  We saw lots and lots of buffalo, some great waterfalls and Lars on our way through the park.  Yes, we literally met up with Lars on a pull out since he was driving through.




We spent the night in Jackson, WY.  Bennett was over the car at this point, and we were all glad to stretch our legs.  After a wonderful and much needed dinner and beer at the Snake River Brewing Company, it was nice to just walk around town.  I would definitely go back, it was a wonderful town.  It was a bit smoky though and I would love to see it in the winter with snow and skiing!

The next day we saw more wildlife, and went to Old Faithful and a few of the other springs and geysers.  We had to take a photo with Old Faithful and Young Faithful (what we decided to call our little spitter Bennett.)

I wish this photo had turned out better, Bennett's facial expression is  SO cute! 
Old Faithful and Young Faithful, note the spit-up on the shirt


Love those cheeks!



Lots of fisherman
Lead footed driver
The last stop of our trip was to Bozeman for homecoming.  We went to some alumni events, and Bennett and I both got to take in our first Bobcat football game.  We saw lots of relatives and had a wonderful time tailgating.  Our seats are in the sunny side of the stadium so Bennett was very thankful that Auntie Blaire hung out with him during the first half of the game so Blake and I could watch the game.

Flyover, I think Megan Marty thought we were under attack!

Our view
2nd half, Bennett rocking his MSU gear... Don't worry there is plenty of GU gear to compete!
Blake and Lars teaming up for some dinner (notice Blake's open mouth...)
 Bennett no longer does well out at restaurants after 7.  He gets a little restless and just wants to play, wind down and relax.  The boys did a great job trying to keep the little Mr. entertained so the rest of us could eat our wonderful dinner.

All in all it was a very successful family vacation.  Hopefully next time Bennett will be able to take in more of his surroundings, he changes so much every day that next time we go it will be a different experience for us, and him!





No comments:

Post a Comment