We celebrated Bennett's half birthday on Sunday, and what a day it was! We went to the Fall Dinner at the church, I helped to serve so Blake and Bennett had some boy time before they joined me for lunch. Bennett has learned something in his 6 months, how to ham it up with Great Grandma. As soon as he was put into Great Grandma Delores' arms he planted a big open mouth smooch on her face. She didn't seem to mind getting slobbered on though.
The day of his birthday is probably one of the nicest half birthday's he will have, the weather was in the high 60's and sunny. We even got to spend more fall time outside. Like I mentioned we are trying to soak up as much of this outside weather as we can, we had a taste of what's in store for the rest of the month, and I did not care for it at all.
I can't believe that our little man is 6 months old. I can hardly remember what life was like before him, or what life was like before we moved here. He really is such a joy to be around, and except for when he's hungry or in need of a nap, he has a smile on his face. Now he smiles and reaches for people and is a bit more animated it's funny to watch him interact. He has also started to scoot around. Sitting in the living room when other people are doing things just isn't fun anymore. He has the leg part of crawling down, but can't seem to move his hands at the same time, but I have no doubts that he'll get it eventually. So, if he really wants something, he will just roll to get there. He can also now put himself in a seated position. I'm sometimes surprised at how quickly he does it, in just a split second he goes from his tummy to seated. Walking into his room now, I never know what position I will find him in. It is quite peculiar to now walk into his room and have a sitting, smiling child staring back at me.
We have started to give him more solids, but sweet potatoes are still at the top of the list. I'm trying to mix them with other veggies, but too much of something else, and the gagging starts, there is just something about those yams!
On Monday, Bennett has his 6 month well-baby checkup. He was weighed and measured, and his stats were: 28 inches long (90th percentile), 21lb 14oz (90-97th percentile) and has an 18in head circumference So, although he is big, he's not bigger one way than the other and everything else seemed great. He did have to have shots from Miss Susan again, but after a minute or so of crying, he was back to all smiles and playing. We even got to stop by the library for some new books.
A few of Bennett's favorite things:
- Books, we are starting to really love them, touching them, attempting to turn the pages. Well paper in general is fascinating The other day he got into the Greeter and it looked like I had let him loose in the fireplace he had so many black scuff marks on his hands and face!
- Scooting, rolling, moving around
- Mom's hair
- Songs (current favorites are "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" and "If you're happy and you know it")
- Sweet Potatoes
- Babbling
- His feet, as soon as socks or pajamas come off, it's feet into mouth immediately
And now, pictures of the little man!
 |
| This again?!? |
 |
| Well, ok, I'll smile! |
 |
| Trouble |
 |
| More trouble |
 |
| Na, na, na, na, na, na, I'm in dad's chair again! |
 |
| Loving fall |
 |
| Not quite sure about Molly.. What is this thing? |
 |
| Check out my leaf! |
 |
| Molly wanted in on the action too |
No comments:
Post a Comment