I see so many people with their facebook status' that keep complaining about snow in April. Around these parts though, it's warm and everything is blooming. Our little garden is starting to grow! My herbs have all popped up, and so far I'm winning the tomato plant war Blake and I have going on, my plant already has flowers! I love it, and can't wait to use all the things from our garden.
Our CSA starts next week, and so does the farmers market around here. Blake and I are so excited to explore all the things that they have there from food, to new and different produce, to the yummy fresh pasta I remember from the fall!
Today I decided to take the sunshine in and go for a run. I couldn't pass up the opportunity, and since working out has been not a word we speak in this house after we got married and went on our honeymoon, it was nice to get back into the swing of things. Hopefully we'll be able to keep it up. ( I went for a run, and Blake went for a long bike ride after work.)
Here are a few pictures that I took on my iphone during my run today, it was just gorgeous out.
If you look really hard in the background you can see downtown Charleston, and the Ravenel bridge. This was taken from the Pickett Bridge Recreation area, about a mile and a half from our house.
This is the Pickett Bridge Recreation area. It used to be the bridge to Sullivan's Island before they built the connector which allowed for the Intercoastal Waterway, but the bridge goes out the most of the way, and although uncompleted is a very cute picnic spot and a great place to run to. It almost reminds me of my days running to Gasworks! On a separate note, there will be canon's going off here next Tuesday every half hour all day in honor of the anniversary of the Civil War beginning, right here in Charleston Harbor! I may have to go on a run again and check it out, I am way too sore today!

No comments:
Post a Comment