Lilypie First Birthday tickers

2013

Monday, April 4, 2011

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Make chicken picatta and the most wonderful lemon sugar cookies!!

Last week the grocery store had the most amazing lemons.  I just had to buy them, I didn't look where they came from but they were the perfect color of yellow, and just reminded me of spring.  I put some in  my water throughout the week (those that know me, know I HATE water plain, it needs bubbles or something added to it).  But then, I wanted to find something else to do with all the lemons.

I had seen a recipe for chicken picatta, which we had at our wedding, and it looked pretty simple..  The results... amazing!  It was one of the easiest and best meals we've had in a while.  I made some PW mashed potatoes to go with it, and baked up some asparagus and it was yummy.  :)

The recipe came from the following, if I can find the picture of ours to upload I will...

Chicken Picatta:
http://homecookinginmontana.blogspot.com/2010/04/chicken-picattaquick-dinners-part-1.html

Also, I love sugar cookies.  I have this memory of high school where some group would sell Otis Spunkmeyer cookies, and the best ones were always the sugar cookies.  They were always perfectly sugary, buttery and soft in the middle.  These cookies are better, with the refreshing hint of lemon they were perfect and delicious.  I had Blake bring some to work since there is no possible way we could eat all of them, but I definitely treated myself to one for an after breakfast snack.

These are the last two cookies standing...  YUM!

Recipe here:
http://twopeasandtheirpod.com/lemon-sugar-cookies/

Since I haven't been working a traditional, out of the house job, I spend plenty of time looking for new recipes to keep Blake and I fed well.  Since that's a major part of our day, it's probably what I'll end up blogging about!

Happy Monday!

1 comment: