Lilypie First Birthday tickers

2013

Monday, February 13, 2012

Single Digits!

Weeks, that is.. :)  Now at 31 weeks, we have a single digit week count.  It seems so close now.  There are 2 months left until we get to meet our little guy, and I am getting very anxious.

We finally have "winter" in South Carolina, on Sunday it didn't even get past 50, and of course, Saturday night our heater decided it wasn't going to work any longer.  Blake and I spent Sunday under blankets and hovered around the stove to keep us warm.  It was the perfect day for a pot roast since the rest of the year has been so warm.  While I was attempting to zip my down coat up, Blake lovingly asked if it was still going to fit (it did!), and then said it would be weird once I got "skinny" again since he can't even really remember what that was like...  Um, thanks, I think?  Yes, I feel like I've been pregnant forever too, and there are still two months to go!  Our heater is now fixed and we are nice and toasty again, and hopefully won't have to use two quilts on the bed tonight!

Last week Blake and I also celebrated Valentine's Day a bit early, since tomorrow we have another birthing class, and we took a pasta making class.  It was so much fun, and Blake got to finally use some of the durum (semolina) wheat he's been around his whole life but hasn't actually had the chance to make pasta with.   Throughout the class we were all so hungry, but the end result was totally worth it.  Below are some pictures from the class (sorry about the quality, there was only a bit of time to snap the photos!) Cooking classes are some of Blake and my favorite activities to do together, although, we've rarely made something that we've actually learned to cook in class.  Maybe this one will be different, we all know I feel about pasta...
 The amazing kitchen, loved every appliance in it
 Rolling out the egg pasta

 Blake getting ready to pull the pasta from the water with his "Spider web" tool
Finished product...  All SO delicious.. now, if only I could have also had some of the wine served, instead, Blake got two glasses!

This week we have another Dr.'s appointment on Friday so we'll get to see how little R is checking out.  And, Oma Ursi will be in town!  My mom is coming to hang out with us for the weekend, and some of the wonderful Charleston girls are throwing a shower.  I promise to post a picture of next week and should have plenty of time, as this is the first year, since I've been out of college, that I have had President's Day off.  

Here's the belly... STILL a flat top, I swear it will never get really round... And yes, I feel like I am getting bigger by the day, time to bust out the black clothing...



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment