It has been an interesting December. Last year it was much colder here than it has been this year. Sometimes the temperaturs are up into the high 70's. Putting up a Christmas tree in a t-shirt is definitely an experience! Blake and I did get a real tree this year, and I absolutely love it. It makes our house feel so warm and cozy. I think we've been listening to Christmas music as much as possible, and have gotten into an after dinner ritual of opening our chocolate filled Advent calendars (yes, we realize we are acting like we are 5, but it's too fun!)
Baby R and I had a check-up this week. Everything seems great, the heart rate was good in the 140's, and the baby is moving around a lot. I can mostly feel him in the afternoon after lunch, and in the evening. I think the baby really likes food, he is always moving around after I seem to eat. Last week Blake got to feel the baby in the morning which was exciting, although now, every time we try, the little Mr. decides right then to not move as much. I am sure in the next few months there will be plenty of chances to try again!
Today Blake and I decided to go to the beach, it was a nice little break from house cleaning and for Blake doing homework. The weather was in the 60's so it was a bit cold, but still really sunny, and just nice to be out by the ocean.
Who's the one with the baby bump? Sometimes it's hard to tell ;). It looks like my butt is in a funny place, but it's just my big puffy coat, I swear..
Thank goodness it's only a 4 day work week for the both of us. We can't wait to have the Waller's and the soon to be Harrod's over for an early Christmas dinner on Friday. We bought a ham from the boyscouts (supporting a co-workers son), and plan to have everyone here for a night of food, wine (juice) and games. Then it's Christmas, and then we are off to Atlanta!
I will try to update next week before we leave, but we all know how great I am at that...
Today Blake and I decided to go to the beach, it was a nice little break from house cleaning and for Blake doing homework. The weather was in the 60's so it was a bit cold, but still really sunny, and just nice to be out by the ocean.
Who's the one with the baby bump? Sometimes it's hard to tell ;). It looks like my butt is in a funny place, but it's just my big puffy coat, I swear..
Thank goodness it's only a 4 day work week for the both of us. We can't wait to have the Waller's and the soon to be Harrod's over for an early Christmas dinner on Friday. We bought a ham from the boyscouts (supporting a co-workers son), and plan to have everyone here for a night of food, wine (juice) and games. Then it's Christmas, and then we are off to Atlanta!
I will try to update next week before we leave, but we all know how great I am at that...




No comments:
Post a Comment