On the 23rd we had some of our Seattle friends over for a "Christmas" dinner. We ate ham, potatoes, Steph and Matt brought stuffing and a yummy dessert, and Lauren and Will brought baked brie. It was so much fun to sit around and chat over a Christmas dinner using our fancy china, which although we've had since we got married, we have yet had an occasion to use! We played Scattergories in the evening (I think some may have enjoyed the game more than others) and were reminded of how yummy coffee is with eggnog added to it. :) Of course, we didn't take any pictures, but I guess we were just too interested in each other!
Christmas Eve brought a walk downtown to see all the decorations in Charleston after dropping Matt and Steph off at the airport so they could be on the way for their UK adventure. We went to church across the street, at the end of the service everyone went out with candles and sang "Silent Night" out on the street, it was very pretty.... until they did it again at midnight, and since it was 65 we had our windows open, I was not excited about being woken up then...
Christmas day we ate strata, opened gifts, and went for a walk. Baby R already is so loved and received some very cute things for Christmas, we can't wait to celebrate with him next year.
It was so great to celebrate Christmas this year, but we both just kept talking about how the next year would be so different but so fun at the same time. It's hard to imagine now exactly what it will be like, but we're already so excited. We took a few walks around the neighborhood, it was a gorgeous day:
The former governors house down the street from ours
Sunset at Alhambra Hall on Christmas Day
The bump is in full effect now, and I feel like I am growing more and more every single day. The baby is moving a lot, and Blake gets to feel him kick or twist or dance (or whatever he is doing in there, sometimes I seriously wonder) at least once a day, you can even see him move which is awesome, and allows Blake in on some of the action!




No comments:
Post a Comment