We've surpassed 39 weeks, so the babe can really come any time now. It's amazing how now everyone answers our phone calls, it makes me wonder what people were doing before.. :) Our bags are packed, the house is getting packed and now we are just playing the waiting game.
This past week, however, was a major milestone in our lives. Blake had his last day at Boeing. Blake's last day was Friday, after 6 years he left on a high note. We are very excited to move back west, although it will be happening SO fast. Blake is excited to move back to Antelope, I'm excited too, but it's a new place for me, I'm not moving "back". On Blake's second to last day, Matt threw Blake an amazing Happy Hour with everyone from his group and some others within Boeing SC. (Thanks, Matt!) We had a great time, and it was nice to see everyone support Blake's move back to MT, even though he will be missed. Blake claims he is ready, although, I don't think it's really set in that he won't be going back to a "normal" job. The fact that that he's given up his Blackberry, Boeing badge, and being around commercial airplanes all the time probably won't set in until we are on the farm for a few weeks and it's not just "vacation" since we'll be living there, in our own house, with our own little family.
I had my last day of work too, but it wasn't quite as exciting. I'm still probably going to be able to keep my job, and just telecommute from Antelope. It is nice to not have to be able to work at the office before the baby comes, sitting at my desk all day was becoming taxing (at the end of the day my feet were HUGE), and I'm glad Blake and I will have some time to be together and hopefully get a few more things done before the little Mister decides to join us.
Here is the 39 week/last day of work photo:
This weekend Blake is playing some golf (he really is trying to get in as many rounds as possible before we leave), and I'm making scones and just relaxing. Tomorrow we're having brunch at a restaurant down the street we've never been to and we'll be watching the fashion show across the street, Easter is especially fancy at the church we live across from.
Happy Easter to everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment