Lilypie First Birthday tickers

2013

Monday, April 2, 2012

Well, we made it to April!

Well, Baby R will have an April birthday, and now the countdown is really on, and much easier...  My old roommate, Julie, used to say when things were getting close that the expiration dates on food are the day of the day you're looking forward to, and now, some of the dates on the items in our fridge are past Baby R's due date, that must mean it's really close.  Also, a girl who had the same due date as me, already gave birth to her precious healthy little nugget, I feel behind!
At our appointment on Friday everything looked good.  We got to do a little bedside ultrasound because Allison was curious as to what body part kept poking out of the side, turns out it was his knee.  His knees, feet and arms are all cured up on my right side, and his back is on my left.  It was great to see him again, but the ultrasound was hard because the body parts are so big now you can only see a little bit of him each time!  My fluid levels looked good, and it seems as if we are still on track for him to get here when he's due.  Although, I think he's pretty comfy and isn't concerned about coming out any time soon.  I am now to the point to where I am just getting anxious and excited to meet him and see what he will be like.  I have dreams about what he looks like and how it will be to have him around, and for Blake and I to be someone's Mom and Dad.
Today is Blake and my last Monday of work, I can't believe it's finally here.  It seems like it was so long ago, but, here it is.  We are both ready, although I don't think it will hit me until I don't come back, Little Man comes, and we move from Charleston, ack!
We had a very productive weekend.  Saturday was the Cooper River Bridge Run, the starting line is at our house and so it's very convenient for someone running, and for watching all 40,000 people at the starting line.  This year Blake decided to run the 10K, and so he, Matt and Paul started the race after meeting at our house.  The race had an hour late start but off they went!
 Matt's Race Face Obviously
 The Runners! (Blake, Matt, and Paul)
 The runners in the same wave the boys were running in, obviously
Finally started!
Blake has been suffering from some crazy allergies this year, and on Saturday it finally came to a head.  There was wheezing and red eyes, and just plain all around feeling gross, so off to urgent care we went.  It turns out Blake had some pretty serious allergy induced asthma, and we now have half the pharmacy at our house.  A breathing treatment, steroid shot and an x-ray later, we came home.
 Mean wife photo #1, steroid shot
Mean wife photo #2, breathing treatment
Finally on Sunday Blake felt better which was evident when we headed out to Coosaw Creek golf course for a demo day on golf clubs they were having.  By the picture below you can see Blake is feeling MUCH better.

This weeks bump picture is taken at the end of our street, it was a perfectly warm evening and great for our now much shorter evening stroll.  We used to walk 3 miles at least, now I am lucky if I can go 1, but at least we're going.  The weather here is gorgeous although it's getting VERY hot already.  Today it's supposed to be 90.
 Feeling a bit plump...

No comments:

Post a Comment