Wow, 15 days! As the day gets closer I am getting a bit more anxious, but also we are so ready to meet this little man. I am also very ready not to have people point out to me every day how pregnant I am. Yes, thank you, I am VERY well aware. At our appointment last Friday, everything went well. Allison believes that he's dropped a bit more, and I can tell, it's getting a bit harder to walk every day, and after sitting for a while I am very stiff in the hips. But, before we know it, he will be here!
We have met some wonderful friends here in Charleston, and have started a supper club. We've been doing it for about a year now. Each month we get together, someone hosts, that person is in charge of the main dish, and then the rest of us bring sides, a dessert, veggies, and your own drink. This month we went to the Nickell's home and used their green egg to cook some delicious ribs. They were SO great, and now Blake has asked for a green egg smoker for Christmas next year, in fact, I think it may be the only gift he'll accept! Corinne and Adam also had a very large bottle of wine that needed to be opened, it had the biggest cork I've ever seen. I think they put a pretty good dent it in, but there was a lot more to be drank after we left.
Blake and I have been trying to get to the beach more, on Friday we went to the beach to walk around, and then we went to happy hour at a great little BBQ place. The weather was gorgeous, and although we haven't been to the beach as much as we should have considering it's 4 miles away, I am really going to miss the sand and the water.
On Monday, I celebrated a milestone of a different kind. My last birthday ever! Just kidding, but I did celebrate the last birthday in my 20's. I think 29 will be a great year. Blake and I had a date at Babies R' Us after work, and then met up with Matt and Steph for Burgers at Sesame. A wonderful Charleston restaurant that is the sister restaurant to my favorite restaurant Five Loaves. My sliders were amazing, and they have great sweet potato fries. I was also a complete rebel and had one of these to drink:
A lovely Non-alcoholic St. Pauli beer! It wasn't as bad as I thought, it could have been worse, but I can't wait until I can have a real one in a few short weeks.
We've had a consistant visitor in our yard lately. Last week before a big thunderstorm he headed toward Blake and wanted to be very nice to him, but as soon as Blake closed the front door he ran away and wanted nothing to do with him. Yes, we have a visiting kitty who apparently only wants to use us for shelter. Today, he let Blake get close enough to take some pictures, in fact, I think he was posing.
He's pretty cute, but you can't get close enough to him because he'll run off.
On to the 37 week bump, I don't feel quite as HUGE as I look, but it's definitely out there, and I do look like I am ready to pop. I have a hard time hugging Blake since my belly just gets in the way and I have to stick my butt out way too far in order to actually get my arms around him. He doesn't look any lower as I mentioned earlier, but I can feel the difference so maybe the belly will catch up soon.
Well, I guess at almost 38 weeks pregnant I would be worried if I didn't have such a belly.. :)













No comments:
Post a Comment