Lilypie First Birthday tickers

2013

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Oh, Mexico!

This weekend we all got to travel to Mexico.  As it was the very tail end of the time I could travel on an airplane before baby, I was a bit nervous, and with all the horror stories of food and water in Mexico, I was a bit scared of that too, but I am happy to report that besides being very hot, and having cankles the entire weekend it all went well. :)

We all headed down to Playa del Carmen (outside of Cancun) for Blaire's and Chad's wedding. From Charleston it's a relatively quick flight (45 minutes to Atlanta, and a bit over 2 hours to Cancun).  We had a shuttle come and pick us up and take us to the hotel.  It was hot and already my feet were more swollen than I had ever seen them.  So far I've been lucky to have normal sized feet throughout the pregnancy, and I'm glad I hadn't had to deal with much of being swollen, it was miserable!

Friday we just hung out at the beach in our bungalow, it was so nice and relaxing, but it was hot.  There were a few times when I had to jump into the pool to cool down...
Our view from our little cabana
Blake needed a hat for the afternoon
Tessa found Guac and it was SO good!
Spiderman came to visit the beach?
The view from our room on the second day
Blake got a new hat!
Grandpa Stan is obviously VERY funny!
Blake wasn't the only one who got a new hat...
Sisters!
Almost newlyweds on wedding eve!
Chad and Danette

Sunday it was time for the wedding, the girls got their hair done and Blake and Chad went to the swim up bar.  Then it was time to go.  (I apologize for the lighting below, we were facing the wrong way for pictures)
Chad waiting for his bride
The line-up

Handsome husband and beautiful mother-in-law
The bump at the wedding :)
Kiss!
Married!

Some of the girls
BIG TALL STEVE!

Reaction to the story...




























































My poor feet at the end of the night.. :(

We had quite the adventure coming back, we were stuck in the airport in Cancun for 10 hours and then had to spend the night in Atlanta.  It was a long day but we were glad to be home on Tuesday... I was exhausted, took the best nap ever, and Blake and I were able to do grocery shopping, eat real, homemade food, and go to bed early.. It was the best ending I could have asked for.



No comments:

Post a Comment