- Blow drying my hair quickly. I used to be able to just put my hair dryer between my legs, bend over and blow-dry my whole head of hair. Not so much anymore. When you can't fold over the way you used to because there is a big bump in the way it makes this task a whole lot harder... And I'm lazy, I hate blow drying my hair, especially here in Charleston where the moisture in the air makes it take THAT.MUCH.LONGER to dry my mop.
- Walking fast. I am a brisk walker, always have been, and now, I feel like I am a sloth. I just can't walk fast, the waddle hasn't come out in full force yet, but it's getting there, and my pace is definitely slower.
- Going for a run. This surprised me.. I am not a runner, in fact, I don't even really like going out for a run. But some days, I used to get a wild hair, and a run would just feel really good (well, for about 5 minutes when I was wheezing and wanted to die, but that's beside the point). Now, I can't even walk at the pace I used to, running is just nearly impossible.
- A glass of wine. At first, this wasn't on my list of things I missed, because for 6 months I didn't even really want anything to do with it. But now, it just sounds great.. I know I could have a few sips here or there according to our OB, but let's be honest, most of the wine Blake and I drink is average, and I'm just not going to waste it on that.. So, in 5 weeks, I will be buying that bottle of Cakebread and having the best glass ever... Oh, and a few days later, I'm going to have a corona and a fish taco, outside, in the sun... No, it won't be as good as Aqua Verde, but it will suffice.
- Sushi. Not that we went out for it that much here in Charleston, but the fact that we could made it that much better. Yes, I could eat a cooked roll one with shrimp, or crab, but it's not the same, I want raw fish... Thank goodness the Waller's have already volunteered to watch Baby R in the first few weeks he's here so I can eat until my heart's content.. (I guess not eating sushi is something I'll have to get used to, since I'm pretty sure I won't find it at the Gold Dollar in Plentywood.. Well, friends, you know where I'll be wanting to go when I come visit!)
- Sleeping on my stomach. I was a stomach sleeper, now, that is obviously not possible. When I went in for a pre-natal massage yesterday I got to lay on my stomach since they have a hole that your belly falls into, it was glorious, I wanted a table for home.
- Pants that button. Weird. Maternity pants are great don't get me wrong, but I like my jeans that buttoned, or my pants with a tab.
I know it will all be worth it when we get to meet our little guy in a few weeks, and that I will once again be able to button my pants, sleep (though maybe not too much!) on my stomach, and briskly walk again.. Until then, I'll just have to find a way to work around it! :)
Also, we started a baby pool! Guesses are being accepted! We are using the same program that Auntie Beth used with her little girls, so just click here: Baby R's Baby Pool Can't wait to see who comes the closest... As you can see Dad has already put in his guess. I will tell you that the name is wrong, we are more creative than that... Winner gets bragging rights, but that's about it. :)
Getting bigger by the day, I can't even imagine what the next 5 weeks will bring... And yes, those are Blake's sweatpants I'm wearing, I've stolen them for the time being, they're comfortable, and I'm not a bit sorry...


This is too funny.. I was just thinking of calling Blake yesterday to ask if there was a pool
ReplyDelete