Lilypie First Birthday tickers

2013

Saturday, March 17, 2012

36 weeks

Less than a month to go until Baby R is due!  This means that he can come any time.  I must say, it only took 35+ weeks but I finally feel "pregnant".  Along with feeling slow, I just feel huge, and achy.  It's hard to get up from a seated position and I can feel the waddle coming on.  This all may be compounded by the fact that people at work seem that it's ok to just make a comment any time I walk by.  "Are you sure you're eating for only two, maybe you should have more for the three of you."  "Gee, today you look really pregnant, please don't stand in front of my office if your water breaks."  Um, thanks?  Newsflash, I probably should look pregnant, if I didn't, I would be worried considering this little nugget is coming in less than a month!

Baby R and I had a dr's appointment on Thursday, we will now be going to the Dr. once a week.  I took the liberty of scheduling my next 3 appointments, all for Friday at 3:45, I thought it was a pretty good deal. Everything with baby is good, his heartbeat is strong, and I am measuring at a good size.  (still a bit small, but nothing concerning).  Allison (our CNM) could not figure out how he is laying.  His head is down, but we couldn't figure out where his butt, arms, hands and elbows were, he's all over the place!  Hopefully he'll get into a good position soon!  She also did say that she didn't think he would be a 10lb baby (which made his mom VERY happy), but no news on who's gene's he got for head size, we'll have to wait until he makes his appearance to find that out.

On Monday Blake and I celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary.  On the one hand I can't believe it's already been a year, but on the other, how can it just have been one year.  So much has happened!  We went to High Cotton downtown for dinner on Sunday night and ate a fantastic meal.  High Cotton really is a place to go if you want to be treated for dinner with true southern hospitality.  We arrived to a cute note on our table, and a champagne toast (Blake seems to like this Erin not drinking thing, always extra for him!), and then each had a wonderful dinner.  Blake had steak and I had the flounder, it was divine.  Then we were treated to the in house dessert speciality, peanut butter pie with banana whipped cream and a flambe'd banana.  It was amazing.  It was a wonderful way to spend our anniversary together since we knew the actual day of our anniversary would be busy it was nice to just take time and head downtown, just the two of us.


The weather here in Charleston has been absolutely gorgeous.  In the mid 70's and since daylight savings, it has been wonderfully light until after 7.  We have learned that Blake is very allergic to all the lovely oak pollen we have floating in the air here (and it's just getting started, our cars aren't even covered with yellow every morning  yet), so that hasn't been very fun, but golf on Thursday's after work seems to have been making up for the constant sneezing.  We decided to take advantage of the weather on Wednesday and head out to the beach for a walk and dinner.  It's something we'll have to do much more in the next few weeks, since it will definitely be one of the things I miss the most moving to a land locked state!



1 comment:

  1. It doesn't look like he's dropped yet (Dad, next time take the belly pic with a contrasting background!). When he does, the comments will really start coming from your co-workers and the waddle will be in full effect! It only gets better from here on out!

    ReplyDelete