There are actually less than 40 days to go, but I can't believe how soon that actually feels. You all know me well, and know that I am a planner. 40 days is nothing, I have started countdowns to see friends, or go on trips with many more days than this. But for some reason, this is different. Maybe it's because I don't exactly know when he'll come, or am busy trying to get everything done and planned so I don't want to give myself a time limit just in case. I will say this though, that when Blake and I got home from Mexico and in the subsequent days, our house and our days feel a bit empty. Something is missing, more likely someone. We've been talking about Baby R coming for what seems like forever, and now we just have all of these items and would like him to come and fill them.
I can't describe the feeling that I am feeling. It's not that I'm anxious or excited or nervous, it's like I am all of those things, and none of those things all at once. People keep asking me if I'm ready, and the only answer I can come up with is "Sure!", because really, how ready is anyone? I know our life will change, but I have no idea how exactly. Will we become (more) boring? How sleep deprived will I really be? Will I ever look the same that I did before? How big of a worry-wart mom will I really be (judging from my own I could be in trouble) The only thing I know for sure is that we will do our best to be great parents, that I have a fantastic partner in crime, and that this little man will come into our lives and make it better.
So, here we are, a little over 5 weeks left, and I am trying to get my head around the fact that not only will another person be joining us, but other big changes are going to be happening as well. Life as we know it, is changed.
Here is last weeks photo at 33 weeks:


No comments:
Post a Comment