I know, I know. It's already 2013 and I'm just now posting about our Thanksgiving trip? Oh, well. Here they are.
We traveled from home and spent the night in Bozeman, with our good friends, the Groth's. It was Liam's 1st birthday and so we got to enjoy him eating pumpkin pie and were so happy to take part in the celebration! Thanks, Groths!
We then went on to Spokane, and got to visit my alma mater, and take a walk around. It had been a long time since I had been on campus, and I was excited to show Bennett one of his choices for college (kidding, sort of). We also got to stay in the Davenport, which was wonderful. I remember how much I miss Spokane, and am glad that it's on the way to Oma and Opa's so we can visit it more often.
We went to Seattle for my good college friend Caitlin's baby shower, baby Hanney is due in February! All of the 221 girls came and it was so great to get together with everyone, and meet the newest addition Kaile. I absolutely love getting together with these girls, and to watch all of our families grow and know that our children will be friends with each other is a wonderful joy. The rest of the time in Seattle was spent seeing friends, eating great food, hitting up our old neighborhood (and chocolate factory) and dodging the rain. It was almost as if we had never left, but there were so many changes! Vicky and Jerry were nice enough to let us have a "home base" at their house in Bellevue.
 |
| Making a gift for Oma |
Bennett decided to cut a few teeth on the trip so we did spend a few nights up, but it was ok by the time we were in Walla Walla to celebrate Thanksgiving with Oma and Opa, Tristan and Caitlin. I can say that Bennett thoroughly enjoyed it. The weather was amazing, it was about 60 degrees on Thanksgiving day and we walked to Oregon. (It's only 2 miles from my parents) We did a little wine tasting at some of our favorite wineries. Blake and I got to go out on a date to an amazing mediterranean restaurant, and we all just relaxed together. I think Bennett really enjoyed his first Thanksgiving dinner!
 |
| St. Al's |
 |
| Playing with Lily Itule (all the way from Phoenix) |
 |
| Figuring out how to stand up in our crib |
 |
| The windows were the perfect hight to look out at the trees! |
 |
| Buckwheat pancakes? OK! |
 |
| Pho, YUM! |
 |
| Over being in the car |
 |
| Happy Thanksgiving! |
 |
| Napping on the way to Oregon |
 |
| Turkeys |
 |
Enjoying the sunshine
|
No comments:
Post a Comment